- General information
- Official addresses
- Education system facts
Education system facts
- Pre-school education and care
- Compulsory education in Germany
- German schools abroad
- Studying in Germany
- Adult education and continuing education – lifelong learning
- VET in Germany – a role model?
- Special needs education in Germany: basic facts
- Research and research promotion in Germany
- Learning German
- Exchange programmes
- Germany for young people
Germany for young people
- Youth work and youth policy in Germany and Europe
- Work & life in Germany
- Current topics
- Recent German - German history
- In Focus: Cultural Education in Germany
- Education for Democratic Citizenship
- Environmental education/sustainability in Germany
- International Perspectives on Multilingualism
- Immigration Policy Germny
- April 23: UNESCO World Day of Books and Copyright
- Educational Monitoring in Germany (English language resources)
- German literature and searching for literature in Germany
- Book Fair 2013: Guest of Honour- Brazil
- across the theme
The subject gateway introduces the main federal government offices, and links to their web portals. Further information concerns justice and the law, political parties, and federal state web sites. It also refers to citizens`s portals provided by districts and local governments, and the European dimension. The following language versions can be accessed via the navigation bar .
The official website by the Federal Government of Germany provides an insight into the functions and members of the federal government in Germany, the English language version focuses on aspects that are of particular interest for international users. A French language version is also available.
The Federal Foreign Office is the control centre of German diplomacy where foreign policy analyses and concepts as well as concrete guidelines for the German missions abroad are drawn up. Le Ministère fédéral des Affaires étrangères est le poste de commande de la diplomatie allemande; il élabore les analyses et les stratégies en politique étrangère et donne des [...]
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is the political body in charge of vocational and higher education and training and research. It is organised into eight departments. The Central Services department is in charge of human resources, budget controlling, including grant awarding proceedings, and information technology in the BMBF. The seven other departments [...]
The Ministry for Employment and Social Affairs (BMAS) is responsible for employment legislation, social security (pension regulations, prevention and rehabilitation) and employment policy. Currently no English language website is available.
This English language brochure provides comprehensive information on the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), its istorical development, political organisation and structure as well as current tasks, strategies and budgett, as of 2010 (download in pdf format, includes tables and figures).
Dokument von: Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)