- General information
- Official addresses
- Education system facts
- Learning German
- Exchange programmes
- Germany for young people
Germany for young people
- Youth work and youth policy in Germany and Europe
- Work & life in Germany
- Current topics
- Education for Democratic Citizenship
- In Focus: Cultural Education in Germany
- Environmental education/sustainability in Germany
- International Perspectives on Multilingualism
- Refugees in Germany: Focus on Education
- Immigration Policy Germany
- Educational Monitoring in Germany (English language resources)
- German literature and searching for literature in Germany
- Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice
First published in 1813
Celebrating the bicentenary anniversary of its first publication, the dossier tries to find out why the romantic novel continues to be so popular even today. Jane Austen’s novels are set in 19th century England, she focuses on country and home life. br>
A free annotated online version of the novel.
Jane Austen on the web – assorted resources
A practical guide for teacers, published by the Public Broadcasting Corporation – an educational TV channel. All six major works by Jane Austen are discussed, focusing on ideas for classroom teaching - references to film adaptations included.
Kurzinformationen und Links zu Leben und Werk.
Dokument von: Hamburger Bildungsserver
A detailed introduction to Jane Austen's life and work, linking to a separate article on Pride and Prejudice“.
Mr Bennet's a bully, Elizabeth can't stand women and Mr Darcy needs therapy. On the 200th anniversary of Austen's novel, writers from PD James to Sebastian Faulks offer new readings
On this BBC Radio 3 programme, four experts discuss the enduring relevance of Jane Austen’s novels, to celebrate the bicentenary of “Pride and Prejudice”.
Video clips of key scenes in 'Pride and Prejudice'.